Materials: drinks can, medium size plastic bottle, clear sticky tape.
Equipment: craft knife, craft scissors, black/blue ballpoint pen, ruler.
Level of skill
1. Prepare the plastic bottle so that you have a flat piece of coloured plastic – see preparation of materials.
2. Prepare the drinks can so that you have a flattened sheet of aluminium – see preparation of materials.
3. Measure and mark lines so they are 2cm apart on the flattened bottle. Then drawn lines vertically down the bottle. Cut the lines using craft scissors so you have 2cm wide stripes of plastic.
4. Using a ballpoint pen draw lines vertically 2cm apart on the flattened drinks can. Cut the lines using craft scissors so you have 2cm wide stripes of aluminium.
5. Make a circle of the strip of plastic. Overlap the two ends and use clear sticky plastic tape to join.
6. Thread a drinks can strip through the plastic loop, overlap the ends and join with clear sticky tape. Repeat as often as you want.