Materials: fresh coffee bags.
Equipment: ruler, scissors, ballpoint pen, large crochet hook, cutting board.
Level of skill
1. Rinse out coffee bag. Cut off top and bottom of the coffee bag so that you have a tube. At the joins cut off extra foil but be careful not to cut the join itself.
2. Turn the coffee bag inside out. Lay the coffee bag flat on the cutting board and measure and mark 1cm on the left side of the bag. Draw and then cut a diagonal line from right to left towards the 1cm mark, only cut one side of the bag.
3. Repeat on the other side.
4. Then continue to cut 1cm strip around the bag. You will end up with a long strip of foil 1cm wide.
5. Crochet a chain using the largest crochet hook you can buy.